Sunday, March 18, 2012

Knocking on Wood


I don’t really believe in fate, or destiny, or luck now after what’s happened to us, but today Amelia’s dad reminded me of something I said when I was pregnant.

I often joked to people that because I had such an easy and enjoyable pregnancy that I was going to have a really hard birth.  It was only ever a joke and I didn’t really think it was the case.  I think I just felt guilty that some people struggled through pregnancy but I had really loved it and not found being pregnant cumbersome apart from some indigestion issues.

So, my birth wasn’t so bad – actually under the circumstances I had a very good birthing experience.  But that full term pregnancy period – wow that I never saw coming.  Never, ever did I expect after such a great pregnancy that my little girl would die before she was born at 39 weeks.

So I still don’t believe in fate, or anything, but - just incase - maybe I’ll keep knocking on wood when I say silly things like this in the future.


1 comment:

  1. I remember thinking things had been too easy and too good and OF COURSE something bad would happen in the end...because no one gets that lucky...right?!?! And then she didn't come home with us and all those stupid fears were real.

    I do find myself knocking on a lot of wood these days!

    ReplyDelete