Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Getting there...


It has been a long time getting to this point, but we’re here, the last week of trimester one.  It seems to have taken a lot longer than the 3 months it has been!

I’ve finally found the courage to let people know, slowly.  I sometimes think it is quite nice to have the little secret to myself and wonder how long it will be before someone asks if I’m pregnant or just need to loose some weight.  The bump has started to pop out of my loose fitting dresses.  I like the bump, I don’t feel pregnant apart from tiredness and a bit hungrier so it reminds me it is real!  It’s definitely popping much sooner second time around!

But I’m in no hurry to spread the word and am just taking my time.  Especially at work where there are so many people and it can become overwhelming – people always have a lot of questions and advice or words they think are comforting “it will work out this time”. 

But if I’ve learnt anything, it’s that there are no guarantees.  I am filled with hope that this time it will, but I am aware that things don’t always work out.  I am not pessimistic, but a realist.  As I said, I still have hope; I am still making plans for the future that involve us having a baby, I’m just aware that things sometimes don’t go to plan.


5 comments:

  1. Each milestone means a lot. Looking forward to the day of it all working out, as people often say. I heard it all through my pregnancy with B as well. And the truth is, odds are good it will work out. It does for everyone else, right? But that's not a guarantee. All we can do is hope.

    I'm right up there cheering you and this baby on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the little milestones! It really helps to have little things that are upcoming in the next weeks to look towards.

    Telling others, I've found they ask how I've been feeling and then immediately move to due date and what is going to happen in terms of monitoring, delivery and assurances that everything will be fine. It is overwhelming at times.

    Yay for making plans and having lots of hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One trimester down! I'm so glad things are going well. :) Time does creep by, doesn't it?

    It's so hard to explain the guarded optimism of pregnancy after loss - near the end, and I'm still fumbling with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comments from people at work are the worst for me, because I have to see the same people every day and get the same type of comments every day, especially now that I'm in my third trimester. They all just KNOW everything is going to "work out" this time. Glad they are all so all-powerful. (sorry that was my personal vent!)

    Yay for making it into the second trimester! One tiny step at a time :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One down two to go! It goes so slowly and quickly simultaneously. Funny how positive people are that this time "everything is going to be fine" like last time they knew it wasn't? doesn't make sense. Anyway, I am glad you are at one of those transitional moments that you can be happy about for at least a day before you start to worry again :)...Yeah I know how that is. One day at a time.

    ReplyDelete