Today
I need her. I need her physically. I need to touch her face, her dainty
earlobes, her button nose. I need
to kiss her. I need to hold her
and feel her weight.
Time
is passing, and so is the distance from when I last held her and saw her face. Today memories are not enough. Today I want her, desperately.
Today
I am crying, the type that shakes your body and takes away your breath. Today I want my daughter, I want
Amelia.
And
as I yearn for her, Transatlanticism by Death Cab for Cutie comes on my
playlist vocalising what I feel “And the distance is quite simply much to far
for me to row, it seems farther than ever before. I need you so much closer.”
I
need you so much closer Amelia.
______
Transatlanticism - Death Cab for Cutie
______
Such a beautiful song, haunting lyrics. I love the album it comes from and another song from it, Title and Registration, is one that I've played to death in recent years.
ReplyDeleteI am desperately sorry for the loss of your daughter, Amelia. You gave her a beautiful name, my own daughter was very nearly an Amelia. That visceral, physical longing to so hard to deal with that, that deep need to see them, to hold them. I'm so sorry you find yourself here, I wish that your little girl were in your arms. xo