After finding out last Monday at my Obstetrician’s
office that he suspected (and was pretty sure of) a missed miscarriage, I’d
spent the rest of the week angry that I still felt nauseous and sick even
though I was no longer pregnant. I
thought it a cruel joke.
On Friday I had the formal scan to confirm the
miscarriage. I went into that
waiting room knowing the outcome I expected. I watched happy people come out of rooms with smiles having
just seen their babies flipping on the screen… and I was ok. I had emotionally disconnected. In no way did expect what happened
next.
A flicking flash of light rapidly pulsing on the
screen, a heartbeat, a baby. Holy
shit!
It turns out I am earlier than expected based on LMP
but they match perfectly to my ovulation dates (I’d been BBT charting). It’s still very early days (7 weeks) and
I would not normally “out” myself this soon, you know, wait for that magic (or
not so magic as we all know) 12 week safe marker.
But the support I received to my post when I sincerely
believed I had miscarried was amazing.
I was broken on Tuesday, but the support you all gave me helped me pull
myself together and remember I am not alone. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!
This week has really tested my limits of extremes and
now I just don’t want to get my hopes up too high. I’m too full of fear and anxious to get too excited
again. I’m just going to try and
take one day at a time.
Wow, what an amazing and happy surprise! Not quite the day you expected I'm sure. But what a welcome relief.
ReplyDeleteOh wow!!! I am so happy to hear this! I too outed myself at 7 weeks this go-round, simply bc there is no safe point, plus I knew I would need support from my blog friends if the worst happened. Will be hoping for the best for you!!
ReplyDeleteWow, that is great news! I also outed myself very early on my blog..I needed the support! I've only began telling most of my real-life friends now at 22 weeks. Hoping that everything continues to look good, for the the first trimester was very nerve-wracking.
ReplyDeleteYay!! Reading this happy news is a great start to my day. Thrilled for you :) A little hope and determination to simply get through each day - that's what's getting me through pregnancy after loss, too.
ReplyDeleteI LOVED reading this! How amazing. It's definitely a long road-- so I know it's not over-- but at least there can be a bit of a celebration about something working out at least for now! Congrats on that news. :)
ReplyDeleteSo very pleased to read your good news. Hoping for many peaceful weeks of pregnancy ahead x
ReplyDeleteOh Di that is such a happy surprise! I hope this baby sticks and keeps living. Sending a giant hug.
ReplyDeleteWow! What great news. My thoughts will be with you for a peaceful and healthy pregnancy.
ReplyDeleteGasp! Congratulations! I couldn't be happier for you. I hope you enjoy a healthy and happy pregnancy:)
ReplyDeletexoxoxo